Saturday, October 9, 2010

firstly.

I almost decided to name this blog something using the word 'verbiage' (def: overabundance or superfluity of words). Mostly because I am completely aware that there is nothing new under the sun--everything worth saying has pretty much been said already, many times over. 

Instead, I went with the abundantly wordy (ha--I do not apologize for this, it says everything that I want it to say!) title of 'these encounters with god are defining who i am.' 

The last four months or so have brought a depth of experience to my relationship with Jesus I have never known before. The Lord has shown me more of Himself, of His love for me, of His passion and His purpose, than I could possibly explain to someone who has not experienced firsthand the presence of His Spirit. He has poured out his joy on me and met me in times of prayer and worship. He is teaching me, gently but brilliantly, that He is the only thing worth pursuing! Everything else pales in comparison to the light of his face...God in His grace is revealing this to me, stirring up my heart to desire Him more, inviting me to respond to His pursuit by never settling for less than all of Him.

God showed me this verse from Ezekiel 40:4 a few days ago:

"Son of man, look with your eyes, and hear with your ears, and set your heart upon all that I shall show you, for you were brought here in order that I might show it to you. Declare all that you see to the house of Israel."

This grabbed me because it is so pertinent for me right now: God is teaching me to see Him, to hear Him, to set my heart upon Him. He infuses into my soul the truth that every circumstance is for the purpose of knowing Him better. And the command that follows is to declare what I see, what I hear, what I discover as my heart becomes more fascinated by Jesus! 

So...here goes.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh...the sweet presence and leading of the Holy Spirit:)

    ReplyDelete